At Dee Point Primary School we aim to provide children with a broad and balanced literacy curriculum, which integrates reading and writing to ensure children make good progress and promotes high standards in literacy.
- read and write with confidence, fluency and understanding.
- have an interest in books and read for enjoyment.
- have an interest in words, their meanings; developing a growing vocabulary in spoken and written forms.
- understand a range of text types and genres – be able to write in a variety of styles and forms appropriate to the situation.
- be developing the powers of imagination, inventiveness and critical awareness.
- have a suitable technical vocabulary to articulate their responses.